LONG BEACH, Calif.—May 3, 2016—The world’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer BYD Motors will showcase the latest advancements in battery-electric transportation today at the opening of the nation’s largest alternative fuel transportation event, the 2016 ACT Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif.
“This year BYD is taking a bold step forward to unveil a new line up of battery-powered vehicle applications, giving customers more options to save on fuel and operations costs by going all- electric,” said Stella Li, President of BYD Motors. “As a battery company first and foremost, we know this technology is safe and ready for widespread use in a variety of applications. And with our industry-leading, 12-year-battery warranty, fleet managers can be assured these vehicles will operate reliably for the entire life of the vehicle, allowing them to save tens of thousands of dollars per year per vehicle over the lifetime of the vehicle.”
BYD will display for the first time several new models showcasing the future of electric vehicle technologies for fleet applications
On the display for the first time, BYD will showcase several new all-electric transportation and equipment applications including:
- T9 Class 8 Battery Electric Tractor: This model is designed specifically for drayage and local/urban deliveries. With 92 miles of range, this 100% electric battery truck is powered with BYD’s industry-leading iron phosphate battery technology.
- T7 Class 6 Battery Electric Delivery Truck: This zero-emissions delivery truck boasts 124 miles of range and can be designed as a refrigerated box, a stake bed, or with a bucket depending on the application.
- T5 Long Range Battery Electric Delivery Truck: This class 5 cab/chassis has 155 miles of range and can be designed as a refrigerated box, a stake bed, or with a bucket depending on the application.
- Class 6 Battery Electric Step Van: BYD will showcase its battery-electric step van repower developed for customer UPS. This walk-in van can achieve 100 miles of range.
- All-electric Forklift: BYD is introducing its first battery-electric forklifts that charge in one to two hours, run for two typical shifts on one charge, can be opportunity charged whenever and wherever, and have a 10 year full replacement battery warranty.
All BYD electric transportation technologies displayed at ACT Expo can charge at 40 kW, 80 kW, 100 kW, or 200 kW rates, requiring between one and five hours of charging time depending on the model and selected charger. Even after 10,000 charging cycles, BYD batteries still retain 70 percent of their initial capacity.
Cutting-edge regenerative braking technology in these vehicles extend battery life and reduce brake component wear—saving BYD customers thousands of dollars in annual maintenance savings, due to these all-electric vehicles requiring lower maintenance on propulsion systems, fewer fluids to change, less brake wear, and fewer moving parts.
BYD designs their vehicles to fit in seamlessly to any fleet with an advanced vehicle-to-grid system allowing the vehicle to deliver power back to the grid, to a load, or to another vehicle without any disruptions. Committed to job creation in Southern California, BYD manufactures electric vehicles at its facility in Lancaster, Los Angeles County, Calif.
About BYD Motors
BYD Company Ltd. is one of China’s largest companies and has successfully expanded globally. Specializing in battery technologies, their green mission to “solve the whole problem” has made them industry pioneers and leaders in several High-tech sectors including High- efficiency Automobiles, Electrified Public Transportation, Environmentally-Friendly Energy Storage, Affordable Solar Power and Information Technology and Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) services.
As the world’s largest manufacturer of rechargeable batteries, their mission to create safer and more environmentally friendly battery technologies has led to the development of the BYD Iron Phosphate (or “Fe”) Battery. This fire-safe, completely recyclable and incredibly long-cycle technology has become the core of their clean energy platform that has expanded into automobiles, buses, trucks, utility vehicles and energy storage facilities. BYD and all of their shareholders, including the great American Investor Warren Buffett, see these environmentally and economically forward products as the way of the future.
BYD has made a strong entrance to the North, Central and South American markets with their battery electric buses, and lineup of automobiles. Their mission lies not just in sales growth, but also in sociological integration and local job creation as they have poured incredible investments into developing offices, dealerships and manufacturing facilities in the local communities they now call home, truly a first for Chinese companies. For more information, please visit www.byd.com.